Accounting & Bookkeeping & Small Business Forum

Accounting, Bookkeeping, Marketing, and Small Business Resource
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:55 pm 

Hi There,
I am looking for a document system for my accountant client who needs a private area / portal for their clients to log into to retrieve reports etc.
Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

Cheers

Jason

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:57 pm 

Hi there,
You could try http://our-accounts.com.au
It is a cloud-based document portal for Accountants and their clients and staff etc.

There is a 30day free trial.

Cheers

OurAccounts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:29 pm 
Qualified Contributor

I am totally satisfied with CPA Site Solutions and can recommend them without hesitation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:33 pm 

Thanks I will check them out.

Kind regards,

Jason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm 

FileHold document management software is: feature rich but affordable for small or large Microsoft Office or SharePoint deployments. Features include: web access, check in / out, search, version control, tagging, advanced workflow, secure user rights, mark up, annotations, redaction, scanning, OCR, and indexing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:42 am 

BuyerZone.com Editorial Staff you'll still need security, tracking, and searching. But document imaging requires software and hardware to scan and index paper documents, while document management software is better suited for capturing email and web content. Make try of it. I hope this might help you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:07 am 

An electronic document management system (DMS) is a software system used to store and manage electronic documents and images of paper documents. With document management software applications such as Globodox and Sohodox, organizations can create a single centralized repository of all their electronic and paper documents. They can then provide their staff with controlled access to this repository.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:07 pm 

Check out SourceLink from Personable Inc. It's a great document management software that links documents to QuickBooks transactions. Here's a recent review of the product http://www.cpatechnologyadvisor.com/web/online/Review/Personable-Inc---Workflow-DMS--SourceLink-2010/31$2878 from the CPA Technology Advisor. There are no "per document" fees and you're not locked into a proprietary filing cabinet. Not to mention that it's Intuit Gold Certified :P

-Scarlet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 pm 

DBM is document management system is the software. This software is used to store the electronic documents of the paper or images. THis will reduce the work of the vendors just they have to give input and all the thing are happen by the software.It will handle the documents and search easily when it was required.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:51 am 

You can try browser based document management software "Content Central" .

Users access and interact with Content Central using a preferred Web browser, and software updates occur only at the server. Content Central is inherently remote-capable, but many organizations choose to use it only for internal operations, fitting well in accounts-payable processing.

Inside Content Central you can find tools to create, capture, retrieve, modify, manage, and distribute documents. Creation of documents occurs via PDF-based e-forms. Files of any type can be captured from scanners, folders, e-mail addresses, or user input.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:17 am 
Qualified Contributor

I use ShareFile with my clients. It is easy and affordable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 am 

If you are a CPA and looking for a complete Document Management system visit the website. The Doc.It Suite is the highest rated solution in the industry. With Doc.It you are getting the entire Suite in one solution there are no add-on applications to purchase. The Doc.IT Suite includes a Client Web Portal, PDF Editor with annotations, Workflow, WIP & Archive binders, OCR (optical character recognition) so all content is searchable and AFR (Automatic file recognition) so files have a consistent naming structure and folder location.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 am 

I also use sharefile. I love it and so do my clients

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:35 pm 

Hello Members,

A document management system is a computer system used to track and store electronic documents. It is usually also capable of keeping track of the different versions modified by different users. The term has some overlap with the concept of content management systems. It is often viewed as a component of enterprise content management systems and relates to digital asset management, document imaging, workflow systems and record management systems.

Best Regards,
Tony Stevenson
http://www.amtindividual.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 am 

PaperPort Professional, BlueDoc, M-Files Professional, and also the eDocXL would be helpful to you. Get Advice from professional accountant gold coast

Last edited by shuanzy on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:26 am, edited 4 times in total.