Accounting & Bookkeeping & Small Business Forum

Accounting, Bookkeeping, Marketing, and Small Business Resource
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:17 am 

Hi I'm Corinne,

Yesterday, I decided to visit small business owners just to introduce myself and my new bookkeeping/accounting services. One business owner asked me if I knew how to do accounting for an online business. He said they do most of their sales online. They even teach others how to sell online.

Does anyone have experience in this area? I would like to learn how to work with online sales.

Thank You for your help :)

Corinne,
Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:37 am 

Hi Corinne,
Let's go to start your online sales!!

You’ll need a website with an online store that attracts Internet traffic and convinces visitors to buy what you’re selling.

Many options exist depending on your budget. The simplest solution for entrepreneurs with little web experience is to hire a web designer to create an e-commerce enabled site.

If you’re more budget-conscious, you might want to consider various free or low-cost e-commerce services. Examples of free services include OpenCart and PrestaShop, while providers such as Shopify, Volusion and eBay Stores charge a small fee.

These services provide tools to create a basic website that includes an online store with a digital shopping cart, payment via credit cards or other methods such as PayPal. They also allow you to offer an online product catalogue, options for customer reviews and feedback, and data on your sales to help you track performance.

Generally, the cheaper the service, the fewer features and customization it offers. (For a more complete list of providers, see our Free to low-cost applications section.)

Remember: As you set up your online store, feature attractive product images, clear descriptions and an easily navigable layout so visitors can quickly find what they’re looking for.

Thanks
Stein & Partners