Accounting & Bookkeeping & Small Business Forum

Accounting, Bookkeeping, Marketing, and Small Business Resource
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:00 pm 
I am a junior accounting major. I worked for Chase Bank for over a year and was recently laid off. I have worked for a small accounting firm and have done bookkeeping from QuickBooks with this firm. I am very interested in starting my own business in bookkeeping for the experience entailed and for the need for cash being as I have lost my job. I would like to know if the Universal Training Program actually works? Being a junior I have taken a few accounting courses already and know the basics. Does the training program clarify everything or will I be stuck with lots of uncertainties? I feel I am a quick, dedicated learner and need to know is the program worth it? The cost is a lot of money for me, is it worth the risk? I am willing to work hard.

Take a look at the two replies by John and Rebecca under "Universal Training Program"

I went back to Grad School full time last Fall and my friend and I needed a source of income that would be flexible yet rewarding. After being very disappointed in the inflexible scheduling of many part time jobs, we went to a Universal Accounting Seminar and decided to purchase the tape program. We've been very pleased with the results, as we were earning $1,300 a month by our third month in business. All of our clients have come through networking (no advertising). We believe our monthly income would be even higher if we had the time to market the business more, but for now, this is enough money for full-time students. Also, my friend had no accounting training prior to the program, and now has more confidence with clients after doing the Universal tapes and Assignments. Good Luck with your decision, we're very glad we opened our bookkeeping practice.

I just completed the Universal Bookkeeping course in April. I have 20 years of corporate accounting experience and like you I was a bit uneasy getting started with small businesses. Prior to taking the course I had 4 clients. After one month I still have the original 4 plus I added a part time bookkeeping position for a small manufacturer, several clients for QuickBooks training and support, and one gentleman who wants me to get his tax information organized each year before he takes it to the CPA. My business is booming and I beleive the skills and confidence gained from the course contributed to my success. It is a comprehensive course and gives you all the information you need from the accounting to the marketing. It was worth the money for me. If you are not satisfied Universal will refund your money. Good Luck!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:00 pm 
I am in the midst of the Universal Accounting Course. I must tell you this is the best course I have ever seen. It is everything they say and more. If you want to do this, please do not hesitate. You will not find better anywhere. I have checked them all. These people are honest, forthright and extremely helpful. They will answer any question anytime and go out of their way to see you have the help you need. I'm thrilled with it and anxious to complete it so I can get to work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:00 pm 
I am an starting a home-based bookkeeping business and I am very interested in taking the Univeral Training Program. However, I am a bit reluctant because of the cost. I have seen several online/home study courses being offered for much less than this one. I am torn between taking these online courses or investing in the comprehensive program with Universal. Please let me know if this is truly a worthwhile investment. I already have a degree in Accounting with several years of experience. What I think I truly need are practice sample companies I can set-up from start to finish on QuickBooks (software I purchased). Any suggestions where I can get these without having to spend over $1,000? I am currently unemployed with very limited funds.

Post subject: Monily Bookkeeping
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 am 
Qualified Contributor

Monily started as a simple bookkeeping processing organization. However, in time, it acquired professional expertise and expanded business operations bringing more effective talents onboard.
Organize your finance books