Accounting & Bookkeeping & Small Business Forum

Accounting, Bookkeeping, Marketing, and Small Business Resource
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:45 am 

ok i am a 11th grader and i am wondering what degrees do i need to be a CPA. Cause i was lookin at colleges and they have like 6 different accountant degrees . can someone please help me. I AM SO CONFUSED :(

and i looked at one college and they said they dont offer the cpa accountant exam. do colleges usually offer this, or would i have to take one on my own time like the sat..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 am 
Contributor

Jelet wrote:
ok i am a 11th grader and i am wondering what degrees do i need to be a CPA. Cause i was lookin at colleges and they have like 6 different accountant degrees . can someone please help me. I AM SO CONFUSED :(

and i looked at one college and they said they dont offer the cpa accountant exam. do colleges usually offer this, or would i have to take one on my own time like the sat..

Great questions! Every state has its own requirements to become a CPA. Here's a great website to check the requirements in your state:

http://www.beckercpa.com/state/index.cfm

You can also call any CPA in your state and they can quickly tell you the requirements. As for the CPA exam, it is not given by any college or university; you can find out where and when to sit for the exam from your state. After you have the necessary education and pass the exam, there is generally a requirement that you work for or under the direction of a CPA for a certain period (usually two years) before you can apply for your own license.

I hope that helps. Best of luck!

Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:14 am 

Hi Everyone. I was just communicating with Eliza Nimmich, co-founder at Tutor the People: they are an online and in-person tutoring and test prep company. Since 2012 they have worked with pre-professional students to help them achieve their academic goals, matching students one-on-one with CPA tutors.

They would like to offer your readers here $100 discount on our tutoring services using the custom coupon code "special100". CPA prep: tutorthepeople. (ADD IN: com/test-prep/cpa as I'm not able to post with a URL)

I thought I would pass it along for those interested.