Accounting & Bookkeeping & Small Business Forum

Accounting, Bookkeeping, Marketing, and Small Business Resource
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:37 am 
Currently I am taking accounting courses in a two year college.

I would like to know if I can start my own tax preparing and/or bookkeeping business without having any dregree of any sorts?

I also would like to know if tax preparation requires a special certification/Can I prepare taxes if so or not?

How much will I need to start my own business?

Where can I get the money to start?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:13 pm 
You do not need a degree to get started -- in fact, most freelancers do not have a degree.

Most states do not require special certification to offer tax preparation.

The price to get started is minimal. The SBA has had small business start-up loans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:33 am 
Today, with the convergence of technology, connectivity & cost effective human capital, a individual wanting to set up a bookkeeping practice can do so, with very less investments.

This is due to the advent of Outsourced Bookkeeping. www.godrejglobal.co.in offers currently, a unique model which provides Quickbooks, a online platform & human labour for someone who wants to start a business in a flexible manner.

The business owner focuses on getting the customer, leaving the back office to a trusted offshore outsourced partner. The turnaround times are better, the work is error free & clients can be delighted & the business owner gets more time to generate new clients. And all this costs the client 30% less. A win-win-win situation.

Maybe, you might want to try such a model, to reduce your risks.

Atul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:48 pm 

A bookkeeping and tax preparation business provides basic accounting services to small business clients lacking a dedicated accounting department. Because bookkeeping and tax preparation are time-consuming activities, many small business owners prefer to hire an independent company to handle these services.

Post subject: Monily Bookkeeping
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 am 
Qualified Contributor

Monily started as a simple bookkeeping processing organization. However, in time, it acquired professional expertise and expanded business operations bringing more effective talents onboard.
Organize your finance books

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 am 

I'd recommend becoming a registered agent with the IRS. You can still file taxes on behalf of others and it's a whole lot easier than becoming a CPA. If you just want to do bookkeeping and payroll, there aren't any special license requirements for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:00 am 

i would recommend you to look into some tax software, Which will help your to ease your work and accuracy.
Adding some software names- ATX tax, Lacerte tax software, proseries, Drake tax software

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 am 

It is a known fact that accounting practices and processes have undergone a new wave of change over the last few years due to the transformations in the adjacent fields and regulatory systems. The new accounting standards and shift over to the new-age technology has redefined the way businesses, economies and individuals view accounting. No doubt, today, these firms operate as providers of knowledge as a service over the mere practice of juggling numbers and receipts on paper.

But, only a handful of accounting firms admit the fact that all accounting practices based on trends and transformations are mostly time-bound. Organizations that keep up with the constant changes and accordingly upgrade their systems and business philosophies are the ones that survive in the sands of time. One of the major proofs to this is the sudden reduction of business emerging from the auditing domain and the growth of opportunities in consultation, advisory services and tax planning across the world.

Besides, the accounting companies are rampantly turning out to be more tech-savvy to bring in accuracy and efficiency into their accounting practices to positively reflect on the financial health of their customers. Amidst these new transformations and stiff competition to stay relevant in the market, accounting firms should bear in mind, the below methods to recreate themselves as superior accounting businesses:

Be Receptive to Change: Accounting firms need to be highly perceptive toward any slight change in rules and regulations as well as market trends to become flexible enough to serve the growing demands of their multi-generational clientele in real-time.

Adopt Result-oriented Approaches: It is no secret that becoming more client-centric rather than being fee-centric helps increase your trustworthiness. But, this practice would be incomplete in the absence of a result-oriented approach that involves the use of industry best practices, adherence to regulatory laws and implementation of tools and solutions that break redundancy, inaccuracy and inefficiency in order to achieve client’s financial objectives.

Embrace Technology and IT Tools: Old organizations that advocate old techniques of time-consuming and labour-intensive paperwork and computation fall back in terms of speed and reliability. Millennial accounting firms despite their limited reach and existence in the industry, garner more attention by choosing cloud-based software, online, mobile devices as well as secure client portals that can seamlessly manage complex accounting tasks in large volumes, generate accurate reports and results in real-time and adopt progressive accounting approaches.

Diversify Services by Partnering with Certified Professionals: It is necessary to bring on board experienced and certified accounting professional or build partnerships to increase the credibility and reach of your firm. These professionals bring with them the expertise in multiple areas such as investment, legal representation, tax planning, compliance, payroll practices and technology consulting to add more value to your organizations and diversify your clientele.

Widen your Social Reach and Client Collaboration: With the widespread use of social media and networking platforms, it is easier to find clients over the web and boost profitability. Digital and social media marketing strategies and online communication methods like hosting conferences and expert talks not only increase your branding but also effectively sell your services to the target group. Besides, this method helps alleviate cost involved in hiring agents to bring in new customers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:21 pm 

It's depend that where you want to start your business. Because in different areas are different
requirement because taxation is very specific field so first you get some information about rules
and policies of this place then plan to start your business.