Accounting & Bookkeeping & Small Business Forum

Accounting, Bookkeeping, Marketing, and Small Business Resource
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 am 

Im a junior in college and currently an accounting major. Many of the classes are the same up to this point. However after this semester I have to make a decision. I chose accounting because I like the straight forwardness of it and how there are steps. I had taken an accounting class in high school and liked it.

I understand accounting has a much better job outlook and you will pretty much never have trouble finding a job. However Im starting to find accounting very boring and im not sure if i would even go the CPA route. I just took a finance class and found it somewhat similar but much more interesting. I love using the ratios and seeing how that relates to what a company is doing. Also all the future value of money stuff.

Sorry if im rambling but any suggestions? I understand accounting has better job opportunities but I dont know if I even want to get my CPA and I dont want to be so bored with my life in 20 years. And not that I need a real high paying job but I would like a job that pays decent so I can live a comfortable life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 am 

Accounting and heres why.
75% of finance jobs can be done with an accounting degree
50% of accounting jobs can be done with a finance degree

above that, its personal choice. I was a finance major in the beginning. it wasnt hard, but i enjoy structure. finance has alot of room for interpretation

Post subject: Monily Bookkeeping
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:49 am 
Qualified Contributor

Monily started as a simple bookkeeping processing organization. However, in time, it acquired professional expertise and expanded business operations bringing more effective talents onboard.
Organize your finance books

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 am 

You must go for accounting if it is your area of interest. Accounting is actually fun.

In today’s era, Accounting has become a necessity for each an every business, whether it be a small business or a huge business.

For those geeks who loves to wander around Numbers, accounting is fun.

Accounting includes various challenges, and facing them is fun also challenging your mind is fun.

The joy of accounting comes from advising people and improving their lives financially.

So these can be considered as reasons why people prefer accounting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:18 pm 

I will suggest to for a certified management accountant, in contrast to a CPA, works primarily with single corporations or businesses with an emphasis on daily operations and internal financial analysis such as business planning, cost accounting, financial management advice.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:11 am 

If you are thinking about accounting as accounting career then you should know that job of accounting
is the one of most popular career. If you have interest in business and finance then maybe it’s right choice for you.
bookkeeping services dubai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:27 am 

you have interest in finance then maybe it is your right choice . it is gives any types of services like Nifty future tipsIntraday HNI Trading Tips etc.